Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reflection 6

This week, I took notes while Geoff gave the people that presented their STL's in class. I wrote down everything that I thought I could do better, then today when I taught my STL on manufacturing I tried to integrate these things. I feel that my teaching experience went better than I've previously done. One additional thing I could have done was to tell the class what the game plan was. So that they knew better what we were doing. More details. These are the things I tried to do in my teaching:

When teaching
use media, board, hand outs for everyone. Involve class
Have a purpose, what am I supposed to learn
Test by asking questions
Have the goal on ppt.
Positive reinforcement praise
Why am I supposed to know this? This is why you guys need to know this. Today I want you to do this in order to do this.
Anticipatory set. the catch
Assessment test at end and through out

Why is this important?
Examples
Life with out this

Draw of previous experiences.. Who's done this
Walk around
Have class stand up and stretch at beginning if teaching last.

1 comment:

  1. I think you succeeded.

    I've wondered about the survey question concerning drawing from previously learned material. I keep failing everyone, but I'm sure I will fail myself as well. What should they be drawing from?

    ReplyDelete